1Sharpe Ventures, an Oakland, Calif.-based proptech-centric early stage investment vehicle grown out of 1Sharpe Capital, closed its inaugural fund, at $90m.
The new fund will be focused on global investments in preseed to Series-A-stage companies using technology to improve how people access, experience and own real estate.
1Sharpe Ventures will invest in 30-40 companies that build technology to advance the real estate industry. They will be focusing on three areas:
- Financial Transactions and Capital Access: Improving access to real property, including mobile-first financial products and financial solutions that make it more accessible and provide opportunities for economic mobility.
- Real Estate Human Capital: Automating outdated processes and creating systems that increase independence and efficiency for retail, hospitality, office and housing teams.
- Data & Intelligence: creating a more accountable, sustainable and dynamic industry through technology that increases data availability and actionability
Check sizes typically range from $500k up to $2 million. They connect founders with the 1Sharpe platform that offers access to large real estate investments and debt expertise. It also provides access to deep industry relationships, product development partners and talent networks.
Five investments have been made in the Fund to date, and capital has already been used.
- home renovation and sale platform Freemodel;
- event venue fintech platform, Carats & Cake;
- rental property ownership platform, Flock Homes,
- construction tech platform, Cottage, and a
- Brazilian fintech platform is still in stealth
1Sharpe Ventures was established in 2021, by Rob Bloemker & Gregor Watson. It currently has five employees and plans to grow. Ginny was named Principal to oversee the execution and strategy of investment. Feng Wang, Head, Capital Markets at 1Sharpe, and a former member of LendingHome’s founding team, will assist portfolio companies in optimizing their strategic capital structure. Kathleen Collins, Vice President, will concentrate on finding and investigating new opportunities that compliment the portfolio.