The NGX closed on a positive note amid sell-offs, buy-interests, as the benchmark All-Share Index(ASI) appreciated 20 basis points.
DANGOTE CEMENT was the largest gainer by value, trading more than 2.29 million shares valued at over N580million and closing at N255.00 each share. This represents a growth rate of 1.19%.
The NGX ASI closed at 42.353.31 points. This represents a growth rate of 0.20% over the previous trading day and a Year to Date (YTD return) of 5.17%. The market capitalization grew by N50.73 trillion.
The stock exchange market value stands at N22.11 trillion as of Friday 17th December 2021. This is an increase from N22.10 trillion on the previous trading day.
Market breadth ended positively with PHARMDEKO leading 21 gainers and 19 losers. CHAMPION topped the list at the end of today’s session.
Since the beginning of the year, the stock market has gained 2,082.59 basis points.
NGX Asi Top Gainers
- PHARMDEKO: Close at N2.20 with +10.00%
- ROYALEX rises +9.52% to close at 0.9%
- MBENEFIT: Close at N0.26 with +8.33%
- REGALINS up 7.89% to close at N0.41
- WAPIC closes at N0.51 with +6.25%
NGX ASI Top losers
- CHAMPION – Close at N2.34 – 10% off
- HONYFLOUR down 7.61% to close N3.40
- ACADEMY down 5.88% to close N0.48
- COURTVILLE down: 5.26% to close N0.36
- UBN down – Close at N4.60
NGX ASI Top Traders by Volume
- INTBREW – 83,673,729 units
- UACN – 62 828,048 units
- FBNH – 32.428,127 units
- ACCESS – 29212,527 units
- ZENITH – 21,936,934 Units
Top Traded by Value
- UACN – N600.913,504.6
- DANGCEM – N583,695,775.80
- ZENITIH – N550,786,979.75
- INTBREW – N409,427,620.65
- FBNH – N397.881,917.00
The market sentiments are trending towards bulls, with the market differential favoring the advancers, as 21 gainers outnumbered 19 losers.