Apple introduced the mini model along with the iPhone12 mini. The device has a 5.4-inch display and is small in size. The company was disappointed with the results. The iPhone 12 mini’s poor sales led to reports that there would not be a mini version of the iPhone 13 series. The company released the iPhone 13 mini. This is the last iPhone mini model in the flagship iPhone series. Multiple sources have reported that the iPhone 14 series won’t feature any models with displays below 6 inches. The SE model will be the only iPhone with a small screen in the future.
The reason Apple decided to discontinue the mini seems to have been poor sales. Counterpoint’s Chinese market sales statistics for the 2021 iPhone 13 Series show that the 6.1-inch iPhone 13 was the most popular with over half (51%) of those who bought it. The iPhone 13 Pro Max accounts for 23% and the iPhone 13 Pro accounts for 21%. The 13 mini, however, has a low share of 5%.
Counterpoint reports that the iPhone 13 series’ initial sales in China outsold the iPhone 12 series. This is because of one simple reason. The iPhone 13 series’ starting capacity has been increased to 128GB. However, the price is lower. The selling points of the new iPhone are the A15 Bionic processor and 120Hz LTPO LCD display, as well as the camera components of both Pros.
APPLE IPHONE MINI SPECIFICATIONS
- OLED display with 476ppi Super Retina Display at 5.4 inches (2340 x 1080 pixels). 800 nits brightness and up to 1200nits brightness.
- Six-Core A15 (2 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores), Bionic 5nm chip, 64-bit architecture, 4-core GPU, 16 -core Neural Engine
- Storage options: 128GB,256GB, and 512GB
- iOS 15
- IP68 Water and dust resistance
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6), camera, 7P lens. Sensor-shift optical imaging stabilisation for video. True Tone flash, HDR video recording at 4K 60fps and Slo-mo 1080p @ 240fps with Dolby Vision. Secondary camera 12MP 120deg Ultra Wide, f/2.4, 5P lens
- TrueDepth 12MP front camera, f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash HDR video recording with DolbyVision up to 4K @ 60 fps, Slomo 1080p @ 120fps
- TrueDepth stereo speakers, TrueDepth camera to FaceID facial recognition
- Dimensions: 131.5×64.2×7.65mm; Weight: 140grams
- 5G (sub-6 GHz), Gigabit class LTE, 802.11ax WiFi 6 with 2x2MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0 with Ultra Wideband chip to spatial awareness, NFC reader mode, GPS and GLONASS
- MagSafe wireless charging and fast charging with built-in lithium-ion battery, rechargeable, for up to 17 hours video playback