Koji is a San Diego CA-based app shop for the creator economy platform and raised $20M in Series A funding.
Jump Capital led the round, along with participation from Visary Capital and Visary Capital.
As well as:
- Shivakumar Rajaraman is Head of Product at OpenSea and was previously VP Commerce at Meta.
- Francis Ma, Head of Google Firebase
- Peeyush Ranjan, VP Engineering at Google;
- David Zhang, Director at Silver Lake;
- Scott Roberts, Head of Business Development and VP at LinkedIn.
- Keren Baruch is the Product Lead for Creator Strategy at LinkedIn.
- Mohammad Barhoush Director, IAC
- Punit Singh Soni is the CEO of Suki.
- Ujwal Singh, Head of Workplace at Facebook
- Brett Chalabian is a software engineer at Google. Michael Eisner was the former CEO of Disney.
- Art Bilger, founder and CEO of WorkingNation
- Stefano Corazza, VP at Adobe;
- Bhaumik Kotecha is the head of Business Operations at Cash App.
- Chris Abad, Director User Experience at Google
- Kum Hong Siew is the COO of Airbnb China.
In conjunction with the fundraising, Saaya Nath (Vice President at Jump Capital) will join Koji’s board.
The company plans to use the funds for its creator and engineering teams to accelerate the development of the platform and to further develop its Web3 offerings and crypto offerings.
Koji is led by Dmitry Shapiro, CEO, and Sean Thielen Chief Architect. The platform offers hundreds of free apps that were created by Koji and its independent developers. Creators on TikTok and Instagram have new ways to connect with their followers, engage them, and make money using the Koji Link in Bio.
Koji’s Link in Bio platform has been used by over 150 000 creators since its launch in March 2021. It also includes over 200 apps that allow them to interact with their audience. Koji’s app shop includes everything, from novelties such as customizable games to utilities such as Shoutout which allows creators to offer personalized videos to their followers. Koji has recently launched a range of Web3 apps including commerce apps that allow customers to receive product discounts for NFTs.
Koji apps are powered by Koji’s platform and can be opened directly within any social media app without the need for downloads or installations. App Store taxes are not applicable to these apps, which allows creators and developers to keep more of their earnings. Koji’s independent developers, Fanfix and Laylo creator of economy startups, as well as Koji’s in-house developers, create new apps every week.